|Polished Brands Pty Ltd and each of its related entities (Polished Brands, we or us) is committed to ensuring that any personal information and credit related personal information (credit information) collected during the course of our operations is treated with respect managed responsibly at all times.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Credit information which we may collect, hold and disclose include:
● Identification information – name, date of birth, current or previous address, driver’s licence details
● Type and amount of credit sought
● Default information
● Repayment history information
● New arrangement information
If you do not provide certain personal information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our goods or services to you or your ability to receive special offers if you are a member.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
● directly from you via our stores or when you register to become a member of our website;
● from third parties, including those described in the “Disclosure of Information Collected” section below;
● from our own records regarding your previous purchases or other records held at our head office, including various departments such as Human Resources, Finance, Marketing and Information Services;
● when you visit our website (for more information on what information is collected, see “Cookies” and “Information Security” below); and
● from information in the public domain.
Any personal or credit information provided to Polished Brands will be treated in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. For more information regarding the Privacy Act, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website: www.oaic.gov.au.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
● to verify your identity;
● to provide you with our goods or services;
● to charge or bill your for those goods or services (including debt collection);
● to report any default by you under payment terms with us;
● to perform statistical analysis of customer shopping habits or other similar activities (for internal marketing purposes only);
● to send you information about our promotions and products;
● to obtain feedback on how to improve our products or customer service; and
● for any purpose related to the above.
Polished Brands does not send unsolicited e-mails.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
● delivery services;
● information technology services;
● data storage or processing services;
● billing and debt-recovery services;
● customer enquiries services;
● mailing service services; and
● market research or website usage analysis services.
However, Polished Brands will take reasonable steps to ensure our suppliers and contractors only use the information provided to them for relevant purposes, for example by requiring them to sign contracts containing appropriate privacy or confidentiality obligations.
In limited circumstances, Polished Brands may also disclose your personal information to:
● our related companies;
● our professional advisors, such as our lawyers, accountants, and auditors;
● to government agencies or bodies, if we are required or authorised to do so by law; and
● organisations who manage the transfer or sale of our assets or business.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO CREDIT REPORTING BODIES
In order to assess and maintain an application made by you to use any service we offer, Polished Brands may obtain consumer credit reporting information about you from a credit reporting body (such as DUN & BRADSTREET). In addition, Polished Brands may also disclose to a credit reporting body information about any default by you under our terms and conditions.
In this situation, Polished Brands may derive the following types of personal information from information about you contained in the credit check:
● your eligibility to be provided with credit;
Any consumer credit reporting information collected by Polished Brands may be disclosed to any of the entities set out above for the purposes of processing an application for our Services, processing payments and any other related purpose.
For the purposes of providing consumer credit, Polished Brands may disclose your personal and credit information to the following credit reporting bodies for the purposes of undertaking a credit check in relation to an application made by you:
You may access a copy of Dun & Bradstreet’s policy about its management of credit information on its website at www.dnb.com.au.
These credit reporting bodies may include any of your personal or credit information, disclosed to it by Polished Brands, in reports provided to other credit providers to assist other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness. You may access a copy of the credit reporting body’s policy about its management of credit information on its website. You have the right to make a request to the credit reporting body not to use or disclose your credit reporting information:
● for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider; or
● if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud.
For example, we understand that when customers visit our website they may not wish to become a member. We respect that and have provided visitors with the option to not sign up as a member and to drop out at any time if they no longer wish to be a member of the site.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION AND KEEPING UP-TO-DATE
Polished Brands will provide you with access to your personal or credit information and/or allow you to correct that information so that it is accurate, complete or up to date, except in limited circumstances specified under the Privacy Act. If we deny you access or refuse to correct your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why.
We may charge you a fee for providing access to your personal information, which reflects the cost incurred by us to provide you with access to this information.
The “system cookie” identifies the user’s browser. It does not identify the user personally and no personal information is stored within Polished Brands “system cookies”. “System cookies” can be disabled by the user going to the preferences or options menus in their browser.
The company’s trading web sites (lumiskin.com.au) conform to the standard of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, with credit card details and other information scrambled (encrypted) to minimise possible misuse by third parties.
A padlock/key is displayed on the lower right hand corner that indicates we have a secure site. Double click the padlock to see our certificate of authenticity.
Our website contains links to other sites, however no personal or credit information is exchanged. These links are for information purposes only.
Polished Brands does not store or keep complete credit card numbers from on-line transactions. The first and last three numbers of your credit card number are kept for order verification purposes only.
While every endeavour is made to ensure every shopping experience with us is a good one, in the event a credit card is used without the holder’s authorisation, the card holder must notify their credit card provider in accordance with their reporting rules and procedures.
The internal network also has levels of security to ensure information of a sensitive nature is only accessible by authorised staff members.
All hard copies of information of a sensitive nature are stored securely and are not accessible by unauthorised persons.
Polished Brands will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Polished Brands will also ensure that appropriate disclosures are made at the time of collection of other information from minors, and will only collect this information as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances. Information collected will only be used for the purposes of which it was collected.
You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the Federal Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. More information can be obtained from the Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
● by mailing PO BOX 675, Port Melbourne VIC 3207 Australia
● by telephone on 1800 101 285 or
● by email to [email protected]